Built in the 1830s the Bank stands till today. It has been well documented in the Historic American Buildings Survey on the Library of Congress. The building is known to include an apartment for the cashier and slave quarters in the rear of the building, with a basement level “for the detention of slave property in case of mortgage default”! George Steele the designer made the building in Greek revival style and building materials included Stone, Brick, Copper, and Wood. Located in West Side Square the building was completed in 1835.