This two-story brick building in monumental Greek Revival style has a four-over-four rooms and a central hall plan. A heroic Greek Doric peristyle dominates the facade and sides. The stuccoed-brick columns are coupled and truncated. Pilasters frame the rectangular sidelights and transom of the central doorway, which is composed of low relief Greek fretwork panels supporting simple molded capitals, a plain frieze, and a box cornice. Jack arches detail the recessed full-length windows. A three-story dormitory has been added to the rear of the building. The property bought by Albin Pasteur Dearing in 1857 from the university trustees, had him building this imposing home. The A. P. Dearing House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1979, and has been locally designated as a Historic Landmark.