This one-story asymmetrical cottage in Queen Anne style has a pyramidal roof with lower-cross gables and is quite ornamental. The full-facade porch features a spindlework frieze with beads, lace-like brackets, turned supports, and chinoiserie detailing within the balustrade. Wooden pegs rather than nails construct the windows and doors throughout the house, suggesting that they antedate the house itself. Mimicking a similar chinoiserie balustrade, a new deck connects the house`s south elevation with a two-story front-gable garage. The one-half acre of vegetable garden was bought by Mrs. Jessie H. Baughn who built the house in 1898. Miss Ruby Anderson, a distinguished educator, purchased the home in that year to reside in it. Her brother, Henry Claude Anderson was the famous innovator of the soft drink "Budwine" and legend states the formula for this cherry drink was developed in this house. The Anderson Cottage is locally designated as a Historic Landmark since 1994.