The Old City Hall is fully restored with and reopened with its gleaming heart-pine and marble floors, original vintage fireplaces and newly refitted gaslight fixtures. Lending an air of old fashioned elegance, its historic granite and brick exterior includes a working clock tower. Retaining its original refitted gaslight fixtures, original chandeliers and brass fittings Old City Hall remains a historic attraction in Brunswick. Designed by Albert S. Eichberg this Richardsonian Romanesque structure was built circa 1888. The installation of the clock/bell tower took place in 1893. Massive in stature, with the unusual addition of Italianate brackets, it follows the style of choice for majority of public buildings built in the United States during this period. Elaborate terra cotta friezes decorate our Old City Hall clock tower and side entries while the corner columns adorned with gargoyles gaze at visitors.