This grand old building is beautiful and was earlier home to a succession of Episcopal Bishops of Idaho. Who so ever served as the head of Episcopal Diocese of Idaho lived in this home with their families. The original house was built in the 1880s and was remodeled to its current stately towered Queen Anne style Victorian home in 1899. The Bishop`s House located on Old Penitentiary Road was originally located close to the main Boise proper. In a state of neglect for many years it had actually been scheduled to be torn down. However in 1975 with the intervention of local architects and concerned citizens it was taken up for preservation. The Bishops` House was arranged to be set at the site at the historic Old Penitentiary grounds and was moved there. Today The Bishops` House sits between the Warden`s House and The Guardhouse, shadowed by the foothills behind.