Incorporated in 1874 as the Dubuque Art Association, its collection and exhibitions were shown in the Dubuque Carnegie-Stout Public Library until 1970. Later it relocated to Flora Park Barn, then to Old Jail Gallery and Art Center when the association changed its name to Dubuque Museum of Art. The present venue is located in the remodeled old savings and loan building at Locust Street. The Museum’s permanent collection reflects 20th century American art and comprises of over 2100 works primarily in the form of paintings and works on paper. Also included are 33 significant works by noted Iowa Regionalist Grant Wood, the complete collection of Edward S. Curtis’ The North American Indian photogravures and texts, as well as paintings and lithographs by nationally recognized artists. The museum is also the repository for a large portion of the Dubuque Carnegie-Stout Public Library’s collection.